(UPDATED) 5 Steps To Prepare Your Baler For Winter Storage
Spending some time properly preparing and storing your baler will mean smoother operating when you go to the hay field next summer.
- Remove hay from bale chamber. Loosen bale case tension springs, cut away any twine.
- Reach into the top of the bale chamber to push any remaining hay to the rear of the case for removal.
- Clean all hay chaff off baler. A compressed air hose works well for this.
- Grease all zerts. Refer to operators manual for locations.
- Spray chain with special chain lube. Spray WD-40 on wiper arm rollers, Tucker Fingers where they swivel and ball joints
- Store in dry barn or building if available. Cover with tarp if not.
Make a list of replacement parts needed to order and replace during the off-season.
If knotters need rebuilding, you can avoid delays by sending them in to be rebuilt during the off-season. Click here for details on knotter rebuilding.
Leave a comment